• Добро пожаловать на форум умных покупателей! Присоединяйтесь к нашей уютной компании и участвуйте в обсуждениях – Регистрация

Enhancements to Buyer Requirements to Help Sellers Minimize

NeviDimka

NeviDimka

Powerseller
Баллы
***Enhancements to Buyer Requirements to Help Sellers Minimize Unpaid Items***
Date: 03/21/05 Time: 11:07:18 AM PST
ABMattH.jpg
Matt Halprin

I'm Matt Halprin, Senior Director of eBay's Global Marketplace Policies. One of the major areas of focus for me and my team is helping minimize unpaid items. We know that unpaid items are frustrating and expensive for sellers.
A few months ago, we introduced a feature called Buyer Requirements, which can be used by sellers who want even more control over who bids on their items. I'm happy to announce the latest enhancements to Buyer Requirements.

We've made it possible for sellers to select the number of their items that a particular buyer can bid on in a 10-day period. The seller will also be asked to specify the Feedback level of the buyers on whom they want to impose this item limit.

For example, a seller might choose to limit buyers with a feedback score of less than 5 to be the high bidder on their auction-style listings. Another seller (for example, a car seller) may not want any buyer to purchase more than one item in 10 days regardless of the buyer's feedback. As with all Buyer Requirements, the seller can remove the block for a buyer by adding the buyer to the seller's buyer block exemption list. Buyer Requirements help prevent irresponsible bidding, but please do be aware that it may limit the number of bidders on your listing.

As a refresher, Buyer Requirements also enable sellers to block buyers who:

• * don't have a PayPal account (PayPal account holders have an 80% lower unpaid item rate);
    * are registered in countries to which the seller has designated he/she will not ship;
    * have a net negative feedback score (for example, -1 or lower);
    * have received two Unpaid Item strikes in the previous 30 days.
Sellers can set their Buyer Requirements by clicking on Preferences in My eBay and scrolling to the bottom.

We have done a lot over the past year to help reduce unpaid items in the marketplace, as well as make them easier to deal with when they do occur. Last July we introduced the new Unpaid Item Process and in November eBay began setting Buyer Activity Limits in order to better ensure responsible bidding in the marketplace. We also overhauled the Bid/BIN confirmation page in November to clarify the commitment point and highlight shipping costs and payment methods the seller accepts. We will continue to focus our efforts in this area.

Join us for an Unpaid Item Workshop
My team and I will also host an online Community workshop on Wednesday, March 23rd at 14:00 PT to answer your questions about Buyer Requirements and Unpaid Items. During the workshop we'll also offer tips for sellers that will help them minimize Unpaid Items in their businesses.

I hope to see you there!

Regards,

Matt Halprin
Sr. Director, eBay Global Marketplace Policies

Live